Complete Coach Works, a D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. company, offers an array of solutions for transportation needs. Our company specializes in bus remanufacturing, interior rehabs, accident and fire repair, rail repair and rehab, and alternative fuel conversions.
Employee Perks for a Heavy Duty Vehicle Mechanic are as follows...
- Weekly Pay: $20 - $25/HR based on experience and qualifications
- Workplace flexibility, full-time schedule, consistent and year-round work
- Career advancement opportunities
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Company offers medical benefits and retirement plan options
- We are 2nd chance employers
The primary duty of the Heavy Duty Vehicle Mechanic is to diagnose, repair, rebuild, and overhaul transit buses and related equipment, according to manuals and factory specifications, using hand and power tools. The Heavy Duty Vehicle Mechanic must have knowledge of and understand how parts of the bus or coach must perform. Employees in this classification perform skilled mechanical tasks in preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of diesel-powered vehicles and equipment.
- Read job orders, observe, and listen to vehicles in operation to determine malfunction.
- Assist with preventive maintenance, safety inspections, and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair & replacement including brakes, suspensions, & drivetrains.
- Apply lubrication, cooling, exhaust and air or hydraulic systems to vehicles as needed.
- Inspect, adjust, replace vehicle equipment, assemblies, sub-assemblies, the HVAC system, air ride systems, steering systems, and brake system.
- Enter work order data onto computer systems.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must be able to:
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL while employed - We train!
- Minimum of 4 years of mechanical experience substituting 1 year of related technical training for a year of experience.
- Understand and carry out oral and written Instructions.
- Experience with Detroit Diesel 6v92 & 50 series is a plus
- Diagnostic experience is a plus
Additional employee benefits
- Carry, pull, and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, and/or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your introductory period is completed all full-time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
Company Sponsored Perks...
- Dental / Vision
- Long- and Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance ($50,000 automatically awarded when you enroll for our medical plan)
- 401K with a 3% company match
- ESOP (We are Employee Stock Owners)
- EAP (Free legal consultation, therapy sessions, etc.)
- Company-sponsored ASE testing and training materials (Valued at $186/certification)
- Earn $100 for each ASE H series certification you receive
- In addition, you can receive $500 for completing all 8 H series certifications and become a "Master Transit Bus Technician"
- $50 for every H series ASE recertifications you obtain
- We can cover your Class B Commercial Driver's License cost & help train
- Tuition Reimbursement
Possibility of a Same Day Interview if you...
Visit: 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507 (Mon. – Fri. 8 AM – 3 PM) Call or Text: 951-837-6345 Email: email@example.com Apply at: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Get to know us:
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. If you require a reasonable accommodation to a known disability, are a qualified applicant or employee and if it will not impose an “undue hardship” on the operation of the business, please notify a member of the Human Resources staff and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.