COME JOIN OUR TEAM - WE ARE AN EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANY
BUS / DIESEL SHOP OPERATIONS MANAGER NEEDED - ALAMEDA, CA
Complete Coach Works, an integral part of D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. offers an array of solutions for transportation needs. Our company specializes in bus re-manufacturing, interior rehabs, accident and fire repair, rail repair and rehab, and alternative fuel conversations and converting buses to electric drive.
Get to know us:
||Shop Operations Manager
||Director of Operations
The Alameda Shop Operations Manager, under the direction of the Director of Operations, will manage and coordinate through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with production of company product(s), utilizing knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, and capabilities of machines and equipment. The Shop Operations Manager assumes full P&L responsibility while efficiently and cost-effectively prioritizing, planning, and directing production activities.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for product in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine cause of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of product.
- Reviews production order schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Reviews master production schedule and work orders.
- Revises schedule according to work order specifications, established priorities, and availability or capability of workers, and equipment.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes in processing methods received from methods or engineering department.
- Compiles reports concerning progress of work and downtime due to failure of machines and equipment to apprise production-planning personnel of production delays
- Additional cross-functional duties as required
Must be able to:
- 5+ years of diesel vehicle maintenance experience
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of bus or heavy duty systems (HVAC, Electrical, Engine, Structural, Paint & Body, etc.)
- Strong supervisory skills
- Ability to assess personnel requirements and evaluate subordinate performance
- Ability to train, guide, and direct a crew
- ASE certifications are a plus
- Must have valid driver’s license, CDL preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and under strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your introductory period is completed, all full-time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc., will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Plan with a Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If you require a reasonable accommodation to a known disability, are a qualified applicant or employee and if it will not impose an, “undue hardship” on the operation of the business, please notify a member of the Human Resources staff and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the Department of Transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc., using one of the following methods:
Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc., reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.