D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. offers an array of solutions for transportation needs. Our company specializes in bus remanufacturing, interior rehabs, accident and fire repair, rail repair and rehab, and alternative fuel conversions.
|| Mechanic Helper - Riverside, CA
|| Full Time/Regular GREAT BENEFITS!!
|| Production Supervisor
The mechanic helper repairs and overhauls buses, coaches, trolleys, trams, railway cars and other automotive vehicles. They work in conjunction with our full-fledged mechanics and will have the opportunity to enroll in our 12-week mechanic training program.
- Plans work procedures
- Raises vehicle, with hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle
- Removes unit such as engine, transmission, or differential, brakes valves and front and rear suspension
- Disassembles unit and inspects parts for wear
- Repairs or replaces parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings
- Overhauls or replaces, blowers, generators, starters, alternators and A/C components
- Rewires lights, and instrument panel, trouble shooting
- Relines and adjusts brakes, aligns front end, repairs or replaces shock absorbers, and solders leaks in radiator
- Mends damaged body and fenders by hammering out or filling in dents and welding broken parts
- Replaces and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, windshield wipers, and windshields
- Additional cross-functional duties as required
Must be able to:
- Must know hand tools and power tools
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- Automotive or Diesel schooling, training or certification is a PLUS!
- Ability to work under pressure and under strict deadlines
- Communication both verbal and written
- Ability to work mornings (7:30am to 4:00pm)
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your introductory period is completed, all full-time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc., will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits with a COMPANY MATCH
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physical and drug screenings. We are regulated by the Department of Transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of these methods:
Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
*D/T Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this description at any time at the discretion of the company.