D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. offers an array of solutions for transportation needs. Our company specializes in bus remanufacturing, interior rehabs, accident and fire repair, rail repair and rehab, and alternative fuel conversations.
Employee Perks for a Mechanic Helper are as follows...
- Weekly Pay: $17 - $19/HR based on experience and qualifications
- Workplace flexibility, full-time schedule, consistent and year-round work
- Career advancement opportunities
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Company offers medical benefits and retirement plan options
- We are 2nd chance employers
Reports To: Production Supervisor
The mechanic helper assists in the repair and overhauls of buses, vans, trucks, and other automotive vehicles. They work in conjunction with our full-fledged mechanics.
- Assist in raising vehicles with hydraulic jack or hoist to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle.
- Assists in the removal and replacement of engine, transmission, differentials, brake valves, blowers, generators, starters, alternators, A/C components, and front & rear suspension's parts and assemblies.
- Assists tradespeople with auto body paint, electrical, or HVAC bus repairs.
- Performs minor body repairs such as mending a damaged body and fenders by hammering out or filling indents and welding broken parts.
- Replaces and adjusts lights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, windshield wipers, windshields, and instrument panel.
- Performs other duties as required
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to learn the use of basic tools and equipment relative to the repair of transit busses
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- Communicate with peers and take direction given by management
Must be able to:
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
Additional employee benefits
After your introductory period is completed all full-time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
Company Sponsored Perks...
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance ($50,000 automatically awarded when you enroll for our medical plan)
- 401K with a 3% company match
- ESOP (We are Employee Stock Owners)
- EAP (Free legal consultation, therapy sessions, etc.)
- We can cover your Class B Commercial Driver's License cost & help train
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nationally Recognized Automotive Trainings & Certifications (online & instructor-led)
- Company-sponsored ASE testing and training materials
- Earn $100 for each ASE H series certification you receive
Possibility of a Same Day Interview if you...
Apply via phone call, text, email, or visit our corporate headquarters M - F 8 AM - 3 PM.
Visit: 1863 Service Court Riverside, CA, 92507 Recruiter Cell: 951-837-6345 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Apply at: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Get to know us:
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If you require a reasonable accommodation to a known disability, are a qualified applicant or employee and if it will not impose an, “undue hardship” on the operation of the business, please notify a member of the Human Resources staff and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.