Imagine engineering electric vehicles with a team that insists every employee has a critical voice in the decision-making process. Welcome to Complete Coach Works, where every member on our team is valued and highly encouraged to think outside the box! With a hands-on approach to engineering—we provide our employees with the wonderful opportunity to work on converting public transit to electric vehicles!
Complete Coach Works, an integral part of D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. offers an array of solutions for transportation needs. Our company specializes in bus re-manufacturing, interior rehabs, accident and fire repair, rail repair and rehab, and alternative fuel conversations.
JOB TITLE: Electrical Engineer
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
Complete Coach Works is looking for practical hands-on engineer that is capable of using his engineering knowledge, common sense and experience to contribute to a creative and dynamic engineering team in developing electric drive systems for vehicles. The Electrical Engineer, under the direction of the Director of engineering, researches, develops, plans and designs electrical and electromechanical products in the context of electric buses.
- Oversee and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, testing, and repair of electrical or electromechanical products and systems.
- Activities may involve but are not limited to electric vehicle components, control systems and energy storage systems.
- Perform detailed calculations to establish standards and specifications; perform initial and ongoing design reviews.
- Research the market to find the best available components and systems.
- Submit a scope of work for each project that includes budgetary numbers and the goal of each project.
- Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams, and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects.
- Survey electrical systems, circuits, and plans.
- Complete work orders and record material utilized on jobs.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials to make appropriate recommendations to modify designs or repair equipment as needed.
- Develops electrical products by studying internal and external customer system requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Research and analyze test- and vendor data.
- Design products or systems, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Plan and oversee personnel in fabrication of equipment, and develop methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
- Direct and coordinate fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Keep current with the latest technical innovations in electrical transport systems.
- Remain in compliance with current National Electric Code.
- Additional cross-functional duties as needed.
Must be able to:
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 2 years minimum professional practical electrical engineering experience.
- Background or strong interest in robotics and/or formula SAE racing team is a +
- A background in motor control and/or power systems for vehicles.
- Looking for a very hands-on Engineer with an interest in or practical experience with electric vehicles.
- Ability to adapt well to shifting priorities.
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Office Support Worker may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full-time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If you require a reasonable accommodation to a known disability, are a qualified applicant or employee and if it will not impose an, “undue hardship” on the operation of the business, please notify a member of the Human Resources staff and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
· 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
· 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.