D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. offers an array of solutions for transformation needs. Our company specializes in bus re-manufacturing, interior rehabs, accident and fire repair, rail repair and rehab, and alternative fuel conversions.
JOB TITLE: Drafter
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Drafting Supervisor Department: Research and Development
The Drafter, under the direction of the Lead Drafter, is responsible for creating or modifying CAD drawings, components, and assemblies using reverse engineering of fabricated parts.
- Utilize basic mechanical engineering skills as found in ANSI 14.5 (dimensioning and tolerancing)
- Utilize basic measuring tools such as measuring tape, calipers and micrometers, etc.
- Reverse engineer small structures and weldments in a fabrication shop environment
- Able to identify sizes of structural steel used in weldments
- Able to make sketches of assemblies and weldments
- Create Model drawings from hand sketches and measurements taken as stated above in CAD format using Solidworks
- Able to perform incoming inspections of engineered parts and assemblies
- Be familiar with and follow established document control and filing procedures
- Ability to interact well with supervisors and peers
- Create drawings or Electrical Schematics using Solidworks
- Create Customer Manuals using Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Photo Shop, InDesign and Adobe Reader
Must be able to:
- Basic knowledge of vehicles and vehicle components
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CAD Drafter/ Designer within the manufacturing industry
- Intermediate level skills in InDesign and Solid works or equivalent certifications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and professionalism under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated meeting strict deadlines and achieving goals
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- CSWA recommended
- Spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The Drafter may also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If you require a reasonable accommodation to a known disability, are a qualified applicant or employee and if it will not impose an, “undue hardship” on the operation of the business, please notify a member of the Human Resources staff and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court Riverside CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.
3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:; 1863 Service Court Riverside CA 92507; D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.