D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. offers an array of solutions for transportation needs. Our company specializes in bus re-manufacturing, interior rehabs, accident and fire repair, rail repair and rehab, and alternative fuel conversations.
JOB TITLE: Production Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
The Production Supervisor, under the direction of the Production Manager, oversees the efficient and safe operation of their assigned crew by directing, controlling and coordinating activities required to repair or overhaul buses, trucks and other heavy duty vehicles in a manner to meet our customer deadlines.
- Supervises the activities of the assigned production workers with respect to production, volume, cost, quality, and meeting production schedules and delivery dates
- Stimulates maximum efficiency and productivity of production workers
- Confers with the Manager of Production to establish working schedules for all departments connected with production
- Maintains adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices
- Assures that machinery, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production
- Arranges to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained
- Maintains good employee relations, takes proper disciplinary measures when required, and assists in handling employee grievances
- Assures efficient and economical utilization materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department
- In concert with individual supervisors, establishes accountability and goals used for performance evaluation
- Additional cross-functional duties as required
- Minimum 3- 5 years diesel maintenance experience, bus experience a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Extensive, hands-on knowledge of bus or heavy duty systems (HVAC, Electrical, Engine, Suspensions etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assess personnel requirements and evaluate subordinate performance
- Ability to train, guide, and direct a crew
- ASE certifications are a plus
- Valid driver’s license, Class A and/or Class B with Passenger and Air Brake Endorsements
Must be able to:
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
- Drive company vehicles and golf carts
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. If you require a reasonable accommodation to a known disability, are a qualified applicant or employee and if it will not impose an, “undue hardship” on the operation of the business, please notify a member of the Human Resources staff and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
· 800-300-3751 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
· 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
D/T Carson Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this job description at any time at the discretion of the company.